Great news! We’ve partnered up with HireOwl to give you greater access to employers who want to see your work. You can now link your Seelio profile with your HireOwl profile to show employers why you’re the perfect fit for their gig.
HireOwl is a site where employers like Uber, Oppenheimer, and UBS post their short-term freelance gigs. Every gig pays at least $10 per hour, and, after you create a profile, HireOwl will send notifications about gigs that might be a great fit. Apply right through HireOwl to get matched with great resume building opportunities.
Best of all, 70% of HireOwl opportunities turn into extended engagements, so be sure to hop over to HireOwl to create an account and link your Seelio profile!
Why Should I Link My Seelio with HireOwl?
- 83% of recruiters in a recent Jobvite survey said they look for examples of written and design work in a candidate’s social profiles. Linking your Seelio with a HireOwl profile will help you stand out and land great resume-building opportunities.
- 94% of employers in AAC&U’s recent survey said they are more likely to hire a recent college graduate who has had an internship or apprenticeship. Landing some short-term gigs with HireOwl can help you show employers that you’re a great candidate with hands-on work experience.
- 79% of employers in a recent Gallup survey said that a candidate’s applied skills in a field are very important. Only 28% placed the same level of importance on a candidate’s major. Boosting your resume with short-term or freelance opportunities gives you a chance to show how you can put your skills and abilities into action.
Ready to go?
If you’re ready to see what kind of gigs you can land with Seelio and HireOwl, head over here to create your HireOwl account. Once you’ve gotten started, copy and paste your Seelio link into your HireOwl profile so that employers can see your work on Seelio without leaving HireOwl when they’re ready to make an offer for one of their gigs. Then, be sure to update your Seelio with the great experience that you’ll get!
See How Purdue University Calumet graduate, Stephanie Peters, used Seelio to land an internship
Today we’d like to introduce you to our student spotlight guest contributor, Stephanie Peters, a recent Purdue University Calumet graduate. Congratulations on this great accomplishment, Stephanie!
Stephanie has been kind enough to share her experience using Seelio and how it helped her prepare for her career. As you’ll see, her story is full of tips you can take away as you build your own portfolio. Read on to learn more about:
- How to use out of class experiences to showcase your skills
- Why the “About Me” section matters
- How building a Seelio can help you land an internship or job
- An employer’s perspective on why portfolios are valuable in the hiring process
Take it away, Stephanie!